COMTO National Meeting & Training Conference
Each year, COMTO hosts its annual National Meeting & Training Conference; the nation’s premier gathering of professionals in the transportation industry. COMTO’s annual conference brings together industry leaders across all modes of transportation for four days of learning, training and networking.
As a long standing Industry Partner of COMTO and this year’s conference premier sponsor, HNTB is contributing to the conference in a number of ways, including presentations, sponsorships, leadership and scholarships. We’re proud to recognize our colleagues serving COMTO in national roles:
- Gwen Gray – COMTO National Board and Second Vice Chair, HUBS Committee Chair
- Regine Beauboeuf – COMTO National Board, Industry Awards Committee
- Kimberly Webb — COMTO Scholarship Committee Chair
- Qiana McKoy – Emerging Leaders Committee
- Kristine Agers – CITY Intern Committee
- 3:30 pm - 5 pm
- Emerging Leaders Forum
- 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- Embedding Equity into Regional and Megaregional Transportation Projects in the Bay Area
- This panel will discuss two important transportation projects in the Bay Area and how equity has been embedded into the planning, design and community engagement aspects. The Link21 Program promises to greatly improve Northern California's passenger rail network—with that transformation come concerns about equity which is why advancing equity is a central tenant of the Program and is being embedded at the ground floor of a 30-yearlong megaproject, with community input at its center. In early 2022, the San Mateo County Express Lanes launched the first choice-based equity program in the US, known as the 101 Express Lanes Community Transportation Benefits Program (Program). Core equity components include sound policy and planning, community engagement, and transportation data and equity metrics being used to shape and administer the program in the first year of implementation.
Qiana McKoyManager, Infrastructure and Mobility Equity