Partnering to transform the John. F Kennedy International Airport into a 21st century, modernized and unified facility, HNTB is currently overseeing the JFK Redevelopment Program for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ).
In addition to providing full-service program management support, HNTB’s project team is assisting PANYNJ in the development of design-build documents for roads, utilities, the airport’s ground transportation center and an additional substation. This includes working with the Port Authority in managing reviews of developers design and construction planning, overseeing technical portions of the developer leases and managing compliance of the leases during construction.
HNTB is also managing community outreach activities to help identify and leverage opportunities for local, small and minority businesses to maximize their participation in the Redevelopment Program.
Key components of the program include:
- Development of new Terminals 1 and 6
- Expansion of Terminals 4 and 8 for Delta and American Airlines
- New Central Terminal roads and ground transportation center
- New and improved entrances into the airport from the Van Wyck and JFK Expressways and other landside and airside improvements
- Enhanced AirTrain capacity supported by the purchase of new cars to serve increased passenger capacity and expansion of the maintenance facility
Photos courtesy of PANYNJ
Location: New York, New York
Client: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ)
Services: program management, master planning, environmental, program controls and program management information systems, procurement, contracting and delivery planning, configuration and change management, scheduling and budget, preliminary and final engineering